International Yoga Day is just around the corner, and the enthusiasm around the globe is already visible. The fact that 72 students and teachers from the City Montessori School of Lucknow will be performing exercises at the United Nations Headquarters in New York on the occasion speaks volumes about the popularity of Yoga in the modern day world.
Our lifestyle is such where humans struggle with physical and physiological stress in their lives. This is where yoga comes as a rescue and alleviates stress, both physical and mental. Based on the holistic principles of harmony and unification within body and nature, Yoga’s simple postures leave a powerful impact. Yoga is not only a great solution to stay fit, but has also emerged as an alternative form of therapy. Solutions of many chronic ailments like asthma, diabetes, blood pressure, arthritis have been found in Yoga.
The great thing about yoga is that there are very few limitations. While colorful yoga pants, support blocks, and fancy mats are nice, you don’t necessarily need any of that to get started. Instead, a basic yoga routine which comprises of beginner poses will help your body and mood change for the better in no time.
There are a lot of health benefits one can expect from yoga. Some of those are:
1) Better Flexibility: Yoga helps in loosening the body, and in increasing flexibility.
2) Better Posture: Bad posture has been linked to backaches, neck pain, joint problems, and muscle fatigue. Yoga is one of the best ways to fix poor posture as each pose helps lengthen the spine, and gives a steady, balanced posture.
3) Increases Strength: Yoga naturally helps in strengthening the muscles & joints, and prevents injuries.
4) Better Sleep: A good way to relax the nervous system, yoga minimizes stress and improves the quality of sleep.
5) Boosts Metabolism & Immunity: Yoga naturally boosts the metabolism which assists in weight loss. Yoga also stimulates the four main physiological systems; circulatory, digestive, nervous and endocrine, which is directly connected to the immune system.