Heat strokes, sun burns, skin rashes, diarrhoea, and food poisoning are some of the most common ailments that exasperate kids and adults alike in the summer season. To ensure a safe and healthy summer for children, it is essential to boost immunity and take some preventive measures that help safeguard against these diseases.
In summers, our bodies release excessive heat, thus speeding up and burning more enzymes. This results in rapid depletion of energy that the muscles use for fuel. Hence, it is essential to make children drink plenty of fluids and keep them adequately hydrated in order to maintain the internal cooling mechanism of the body.
Health tips for kids to beat the heat this summer and build immunity
● Avoid outdoor activities during peak sun hours.
● Use sunscreen with a higher SPF to prevent skin damage.
● Avoid street food or water from outside.
● Eat more seasonal fruits and vegetables.
● Wear light-colored, loose clothing instead of dark colors.
● Increase water or liquid intake so as to prevent dehydration.
● Ensure a good sleep schedule for at least 8-10 hours a day.
● Keep your surroundings clean.
Home Remedies to Boost Immunity
There are many healthy ingredients in your kitchen that can help build the immunity of your child. Here are a few easy and quick remedies that you can include in your child’s daily diet.
1. Give one teaspoon ginger juice mixed with honey.
2. Offer fruits rich in Vitamin C, such as lemon, oranges, gooseberry or amla
3. Include curd or yogurt in your child’s daily diet during summers
4. Add garlic to everyday cooking
Inculcating these simple healthy habits in your child’s routine can save them from many common diseases. Make sure you follow a healthy lifestyle too, as children imbibe most of their habits from home.